-To introduce basic protocols to write and submit academic papers and in particular the different components of the research articles according to the guidelines of the American Psychological Association of America (APA), a widely used format to standardize diverse thinking processes through writing.
- To define plagiarism, identify how, why, when, and what if one falls into it, and learn how to avoid it.
- To become acquainted with the APA system of documentation of sources.
- To follow a process of systematic steps in order to prepare for the writing, write the assignment and reflect on it.
- To write coherently and use grammar and mechanics correctly.
- To differentiate quite well in practice one’s own responsibilities as a writer from those of one’s readers.
- To identify the rhetorical moves in the different components of a research article
- To acknowledge mistakes as the best raw material to improve one’s writing.