Course Syllabus And Summary
Ncfe Awarding Body Specification
1: Understand Child And Young Person Development.
2: Understand How To Safeguard The Wellbeing Of Children And Young People
3: Support Children And Young People’s Health And Safety
4: Engage In Personal Development In Health, Social Care Or Children’s And Young People’s Settings (A/601/1429)
5: Support Learning Activities
6: Promote Children And Young People’s Positive Behaviour
7: Develop Professional Relationships With Children, Young People And Adults
8: Promote Equality, Diversity And Inclusion In Work With Children And Young People
9: Support Assessment For Learning
10: Communication And Professional Relationships With Children, Young People And Adults.
11: Schools As Organisations
Recommended Reading Materials
Additional Materials -Teaching Support Staff Job Roles
Submit Your Work
Those hoping to take this course would benefit from working or volunteering in a school environment as you will need to demonstrate the relevant knowledge and skills. This is not compulsory, but is recommended.
What skills will I gain?
The units cover child and young person development, safeguarding their welfare, the importance of equality, diversity, and inclusion, and supporting positive behaviour.
They also cover:
What careers can I get with this qualification?
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations including types of schools, policies and procedures and the
- Wider environment in which they operate
- Team working
- Preparing for and supervising learning activities and supporting learners to complete
- Work set by the teacher
- Personal development and reflective practice.
- From 5 to 19 years of age. Please note that some knowledge of development in the early years has been included in the specification to enhance learners understanding
This qualification provides the learner with the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and into the workforce.