On course completion, the learner will be able to;
- Understand What is child psychology
- Explain the differences between child growth and development
- Investigate Bowlby’s Attachment Theory
- Discuss Harlow’s Studies of Monkeys and Attachments,
- Investigate Spitz’ Studies of Children in Institutions and a series of internal working models.
- Explore effects and consequences of attachment breakdowns.
- Discuss how and why a variety of influences and pressures can affect a child’s developmental progress.
- Explore a series of external factors that influence the social and emotional development of children
- Discuss a variety of environmental factors that can influence character and personality development.
- Discuss a variety of common communication and learning difficulties, along with their respective causes, effects and potential remedies.
- Investigate the key moral growth stages of children, how moral reasoning develops from pre-school to adulthood
This course consists of the following units:
Unit 1 – Introduction to Child Psychology
Unit 2 – The Formation of Attachments
Unit 3 – Consequences of Attachment Breakdowns
Unit 4 – Personality Development
Unit 5 – Social Development
Unit 6 – Development of Language
Unit 7 – Moral Development
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with CPD Courses you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone currently working directly with children
- Candidates interested to start a career in child psychology
- Teachers, healthcare workers, childcare providers, nurses
- Parents interested in improving their understanding of child psychology
- Candidates looking to boost their career prospects